Bloggings about what I consume.....and what consumes me.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

"tHE hOMER"

Have you watched the Simpsons episode,"Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?", Where Homer finds out he has a half-brother, (Herb Powell) and owns a car company. In this episode Herb asks Homer 'to build a car for the average man'.

This car he designs is dubbed 'The Homer' and is completely rediculous, (it includes three horns that play "La Cucaracha", shag carpeting, bubble domes, extremely large cupholders, and a separate compartment with restraints and muzzles for the childrenand) And it gets worse, it costs a whopping $82,000!

Homer's spectacular failure results in Herb selling his company, declaring bankruptcy and living on the street.

This episode to me, flashes as my analogy of the impending dread I feel about my Honours' outcome. U see, I am planning to design a browser, for the 'average' user of digital media. A browser that can work in tandem with hand-held devices, and allow:
  • An integration of image/film+text+sound,
  • An ability to incorporate informal, and formal usage.
  • And to meld alot of programs like msn, blogger, flickr, youtube, all in one!?
I am starting to feel a little like 'to many cooks are spoiling the broth'. And with so littl time, its mondo confusing!!!

Am I, just like Homer did in this episode, asking for too much, and focusing on design specifications which are irrelevant?

Is this assignment just gunna go down in a blaze of glory!? Time well tell

PS.
Dirrty-Man-Eyes is bak in the Computr Lab, and has now been juggling his time between 2 buxom blonde design students for the past 40 mins, (hey! just bout as long as Ive been writing LOL) I wonder if wen I finish this post he'll go again, and if I begin a nue one hell come bak!? I wondr y he has nevr helpd me wif so much vigour wif my comp. problems. OH YEH! DATS RIGHT! I dun have boosies! Duh!!!

X
Chase



For a run down of the episode I am talking about visit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh_Brother,_Where_Art_Thou%3F

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home