Bloggings about what I consume.....and what consumes me.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Flickr: Commenting & Geo-tagging

Aftr reading about the whole NIPSA debackle and then my subsequent navigation thru the site, I did, by chance come across various user's pages in which they we asking for feed back or advice.
In efforts in trying to form a Niche within this community I felt obliged to respond, after all, like minds think alike, and I was feeling these usesrs work.
Till this day, I havent gotten a reply back from anyone.


I wonder what Im doing wrong?
Or r they all just snobs?

Actually I did get a comment from some graffiti work I took pix of wen I was in Melbourne. But with the 100 or so snaps I hav on my site, that it pretty depressing. Thank-u to all of my friends, that felt sorry for me and put in some 'pre-planned' comments. But so far, I havent recieved a noticably nibble with the bait and tackle I got on.

What Im I doing wrong, Am I just fishing in the wrong water?

So far, there has been no real linearity in my online navigation. The search engines and tagging inherent in Flicker help wen I want something specific. But most of the stuff I really like is just found in surfing the site, in my informal usage.

Thats why I feel it is important for users to not be made NIPSA, becos for me, that takes away a users more common way of exposure....just merely surfing.

A new feature from Flickr I tried out was geo-tagging. Its fun and really easy to use, and the way its designed is really enjoyable and simple. I think zoomr released something similar a few days ago, and I guess this is flickr's ploy of a comeback.

So how does geo-tagging, a feature very much in the vein on using Flickr for fotographic locations, going to effect the flickr communities that use it for mixed media or graphic work?

Are they just going to get further more ostracized and alienated until they r pushed to the fringe of this online community?

Who is responsible for enforcing such a rigid policy, and how do they choose what work is acceptable for the 'majority' of the Flickr online community?

Time will tell.... . .

Chase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home