Bloggings about what I consume.....and what consumes me.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Walking with Dinosaurs - 16th January

The month of Jan, awwwwwe, How was my month of Jan. It consisted of almost absolutely nothing, no h/w, no drving around (my car was still.....indisposed) no time management, no one to report to, AND I LOVED IT!!!. It had been such a sort time since the exicitement of no more Uni classes, X-mas, and New Year died down. and I was happy living the life of someone who just didn't care.
Maybe that is a little bit of an over statement, I did care, I cared for fun, I cared for recuperation, I cared for watching all the movies and series' that I had to go without, I cared for getting hours and hours of sleep, and I cared for catching up with friends and family. And is that really all that bad? If hard work ages you, I am sure that rest&relaxation is the secret ingredient in keeping one sane. And a sense of normality, even thought it was approached through banality, was exactly what the doctored ordered.
How I loved the month of Jan, I spent most of the time just watching Dvds, staying in the Sun, being on the Net, chatting, just chatting with friends for the sake of chatting!? How long has it been since I did that!? Also, in my 'free' time, I spent it visiting my auntie's and spenting some quality time with my lil cousin.
I spent days playing Wii, getting fat on my auntie's cooking (Oh! her cooking!!!),kik ass on the X-box 360, and watching MTV and all the other music channels for HOURS! I was in Heaven.
I had been over, on and off for the good part of a week or two, (time sure did fly) when my Auntie surprised us with tickets to Walking with Dinosaurs at Acer Arena. I didn't kno wat to say, I didn't feel worthy of a ticket, it was too much to spend on me, when I was happy just lounging around. Although at first I was reluctant to go, I do not regret it for it was an experience. It wasn't really my cup of tea but I could really appreciate the whole thing, I kept taking mobile happy snaps about every 5 minutes, all my pix in this entry is from my fone. I hadn't been to a stage show since I was the tender age of my cousin, and part of me still felt the same boyish excitement.
The show was a little short, but fun, to pricy for what we paid. I really loved the blow out flora as it really helped to immerse the viewer into this pre-historic world. And if you tried not to focus on the 'fakeness' of it all(seeing the puppeteers in the leggings and in their motorized vehicles), I found it to be quite enjoyable. I found the flying dinosauar a littl bit of a let down tho, it just flapped its wings in one spot, and the T-Rex finalle was disapointing too, as it malfunctioned in mid roar, Hurtling the audience back to reality as a disfigured yet static T-rex, mechanically was driven backstage (major buzz-kill).
All and all, it was fun, if I was younger I would have loved the elaborateness and staging of it all, the huge giant teeth at the front of the stage was awesome and the light did, at moments, dazzle. I was a good escape from reality, or more rather a needed escape from reality, b4 I decided to pursue the unglamourous task of somehow breaking into the Graphic Design Industry. The very thought just gave my an acute sense of anxiety. I had no really good connections, I wasnt really confident in my skills, and my creative enrgery and that fire that I normal filled, still needed to be rekindled. So I decided to save those worrying thoughts for another day.

Chase.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home