Bloggings about what I consume.....and what consumes me.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Wiki-wiki....Wah-wah all the way home!!!

OMG!!! Wiki's are soooo complex!!! Im so totally confused, I just want to runaway and hide under a pile of coats, and hope everything turns out awwwwwwwlll rite...

By far, Wiki's are the hardest format to write in, but as I was reading throughout the site, it does sound like the most obliging, and it better be otherwise Ive just wasted 2 hours self teaching myself ((note to self - write an entry called"Self-teaching a Moron: the survival guide"). (Man this posting box is so small, i can hardly make out my errors)).

It practically does everything that was obviously missing from Livejournal and Blogger. (Table making, more academic, etc) It blows my plan for designing a blogging format that is suited to academic work . . BECAUSE ITS ALREADY HERE!FUDGE!!!

THE ONLY CATCH...is that u have to be like Bill Gates of something to truly take advantage of it, and by that I do not mean, trying to be the most bullied kid at school, or invest in wearing vests only grandma's like to buy their grandsons ( BTW I think Ive finally found that store, all i need to kno is how to get in, hmmmm). Wat I meant by trying to be like Billy G is that u need an almost above average understanding of Interenet code.

My yr. 10 Computer Studies classes are slowly coming back to me, but still, Im moving at the pace of a snail, and I want to do so much, but just do not kno how. And the help menu in pbwiki, is really confusingly designed. To date its still a total mess in there, that I needed to blog away vent my frustration!!!

For eg. I began clicking on the icons on the horizonal tool bar on my laptop inbuilt mouse table (cos both my bedroom comp & lounge room comp are being attackd by viruses and is giving me the shits but thats a whole other posting altogether)and within a hour I got rsi in both my fingers. So i took the mouse from the comp in the lounge room and hookd it onto my laptop. Navigation is so much easier now, less rsi from the scrolling down the editing screen.

I'm at the point where I don't even use the icons no more, its takes longer than just adding in the code requirements with the keyboard. I manage to win this battle Wiki!!! but im not looking forward to writing the code to make a table though....

On intial observation, Wiki's are difficult, but acheiveabl enouf to teach yourself through trial and error, like the approach im taking....Its quite a formulaic language when you get the hang of it. I'm even beginning to think in its code, opening brackets, closing brackets, quotations, slashes, and shift+numercal keys. Its enouf to try a boi to eat!!!

DOES ANYBODY KNO HOW TO USE THE SPELL CHEKR IN THIS THING, I THINK MINEZ BROKN...


Perplexually urz
Chase

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home