Bloggings about what I consume.....and what consumes me.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

ways of walking AROUND a bad situation

Typing on my laptop positioned at the edge of my bed, my big tv screen viewable right infront of me in the background, with the dvd screensavr bouncing off the tv's edges, while my bedroom computer comfortably hums to the left of me on my messy-ass corner workstation. I cant help but feel happy to kno that I made it thru yet anothr busy, hectic and frustating day....

With my feet proped up against the wall, lying stomach down, I type with a pillow under my chest for support. My hair is wet and rustled, and is slowly drying as the heat from the bath continues to escape my body. It is moments like this, I cant help but feel refreshed and relaxed.

Today wasnt busy really in a productive way, more rather in a 'brik wall in ur path way, in which u spend most of ur time trying to jump over it.

For me, that wall was flickr, photoshop, my computer, my savd work cd's, my dad, and my clothes which we dying to be taken out of the basket and , hehehe, chuckd into my wardrobe.

And as is the case, with all barriers in our paths, we find out in the end, aftr many a faild attempts to either jump over or jump thru it, that it has always been much easier to walk around the wall, and that this option has always presentd itself to us, if we realli took the time to stop, and look at the biggr picture.

So I did.........but only figuring it out at 3 pm today, when I was up since 10am. I found my stride in multi-taskin thru today's obstacles, which fell by my feet, like a court to its king.

So my bedroom computr said my f-shop was out of date....so wat did I do!?.....I propd my lap-t on my desk, and did work I was going to do on my comp on that instead, multi-taskin from doin work on my lap-t while trying to reinstall f-shop.

It is 11.20pm at the mo, and after installin it, and removing it, then reinstalling it thru adobe custom suite but to no avail, and then trying to reset my comp to an earlier restore point but wasting my time, I can safely say, after 7 hrs of trying to install photoshop cs, I finally gav up, and instead succeeded in installing photoshop cs2 instead :-)

Flicker also screwd my over, but from my earlier posts, that is already out of my system. My dad annoyed my today 2. I dun get dads and there im too old to change' attitudes. His trying to fix the comp in the lounge, and I was half way thru my 2nd attempt of installin f-shop cs, wen he comes in and asks me to chek to see if i can connect to the net, by which I said I was half way thru something rite now (the boy can only speak the truth), he then took that as an erratic refusal and left annoyd at my supposed act of abandonment for the rest of the day.

I made him a midnite snak, cos I kno, tho he can b really moody that I also took time to acknowledge that he had a long and laborious day and through-out all this caffuffle, he probably had just forgottn to take off his 'overworkd grumps'-pants'.

Still, I cant wait until that lounge comp is fixd, becos its twice as good as the one in my room. Everyday my beddy comp tells me to clear up space in the c drive cos its running out of memory and I dun really want to use my lap-t too much becos i want to keep it for as long as I can for emergency use, and giving presentations.

It been a week full of bugs and moments of absolute buggery. Of setting up shop on my beddy comp, then running into a glitch again, which snowballs in to me resavin my work, and makin like a gypsy and migrating bak to my lap-t. (my grating is RIGHT!)

THANK-GOOD FOR USB FLASH DRIVES! i m all out of spare blank cds! All the backing and forthing between my comp and lap-t is enouf to make me sea sick...lol....i SEE a glitch, and it makes me SICK. (hehehe simple thins humour simple minds)

There sure was alot of waiting around todai, for things to upload, and programs to install (or unistall) I maintained my sanity luckily by finding things to do in the meantime. Whilst I waited, I went online and researched about Web 2. and rummaged thru my 3 and a 1/2 yrs worth of saved uni work cds which are more disorganized than virgin's first attempt at sex.. . . WITH SOME1 ELSE!.

Well else did I do.....I also finally folded my clothes, or made some dinner, or wash the dishes, or read/made some notes, or 'researchd' on msn, youtube and rang friends bout 'work-relatd' issues.....hehehehe....when ur topic is about youth culture and online interaction that can include just about anything!.

So really it wasnt all that bad. I pulld thru, I made the most of a bad situation, and I guess thats why, 'after all u put me thru....I wanna.THANK-U!...for making me that much strongr'(private joke)

I am left with a sense of accomplishment of rising to the occasion :-) hehehehe, I cant hardly wait wat 2c wat the stars hav in store for tomoro, isit gunna b a day of serendipitous luck, or well it ring tru to the last few days I've mangled thru...time will tell.

All I kno is I aint gunna b ready to face it with atleast some geeeeeewwd shut eye, and on that note, I think thats where I will leave it for today (besides my elbows are feeling a littl unloved from resting on them a littl to long).





'Smile!!! it confuses ppl!!!'
Chase

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home