Bloggings about what I consume.....and what consumes me.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Ur parents did the best they knu how. . .

I was surfing the Youtube at 2am in the morn, getting my nitely fix on VMA performances. I was watchin Justin's Sexyback performance, and link lead to link, I was watching a VMA pre-amp show called 'All eyes on me - Justin Timberlake', talking about his past career, and its future direction.
This is one of my pet pevs, watching docos on ppl my age that I admire, and hear from there own words how they cope with....I guess growing up. As I watched his interview with blah, he began to talk about how he began his career at the age of 12, and this reminded me of a convo I had with a friends wife I had just met a few months ago in a bar after work once.
We had so much in common, similar goals, similar interests, similar family backgrounds, and I remember her arguing to me that part of her always wished, that her parents had supported her more, at a young age to follow her dreams, to mayb take some interests in the childs talents and sutbly push her in a direction that she seems distined to go.....and....until tonighte, as I was getting ready for bed.....after watching justin talk about his success (and mayb a little was influcenced by interviews I was watching about anothr teen j-pop icon, Utada Hikaru, which in my own view was helped on their way by pushy show business parents, I actually found myself agreeing with her, and this stopped me in my trax.
I remember, how I was so against this point to begin with, cos I thought that was a selfish thing to say, and to my surprise, months later, I found myself agreeing with her. but why

Was I jealous that they managed to reach success?

Was I jealous of how from their commitment, that have sharpened their creative tools so much sharper then mine?

Was I jealous that they were helpd and I hav to struggl on my own, with no connections watsoever?

Or am I just jealous that with their accumalated success, a part of them, to me, they have already justified others beleive in the potential, when I, as of it have not?

As my tiredness in these wee hours of the morn, I letting thes self doubting feelings again, only to swipe them away, by remeber how I concluded a stale mate in this arguement with this friend. And it was by telling her, that although our parents weren't so perfect, we should always remember that they did the very, very, best they could at the time, and that we should cut them a bit of slack and allow as many chances for them to not make the same mistakes in the relationships we have with them today.

They must have done something rite, cos both of us had turned out into outspoken, opinionated, confident, passionate, idealistic members of society :-)

Goodnite poppets
Chase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home