Bloggings about what I consume.....and what consumes me.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Design ideas can come from the most unexpected places. . . 4/11


Picture0100 4/11
Originally uploaded by Chasing SandCastles.
I was in the mall today, buying a present from my littl cuz, cos its his b'day. and I was inspired by the lettering infront of a store display, not really a place u would expect to be effected by novel ideas.

I enjoyed the second layer of detail, as u slowly walk closer to the text. Their a map hidden in the lettering, and after seeing it, all these ideas flooded my cortex, about how I should approach my a1 poster design.

Since my own poster is so large, I think these"in closer inspection" technique mite just work. I love creating works with detail, that sometimes go un-noticed, I feel it gives them more life, and add cult value for those readers who put in enough effort to decipher any hidden value. Such an approach asks u to always question, and a curious and analytical person I am.

Although in the end, I opted to not use a layering effect in my poster design, I just let me mind conger up a design, and when I woke up from the trance, there it was, on my screen. My design intuiton decided that crisp, neat and bold design was the order of the day, and I was only happy to oblige. But the message of that letter in the mall, although discarded, still lingers in my pysche....the voice still faintly echoes, look for treasures in the most unusual places, give it a new home, fit it with a new attire, make it a vehicle for ur own distinct style, always be open to nue ideas, dont try to control them, let them instead guide you, and never discriminate that innovation can happen in the most unexpected places, in my online/offline life and evn in my thesis, I had tried to follow just that . . .

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home